Imagination | Teen Ink

Imagination

By Nicole,GG PLATINUM, Pikeville, North Carolina
Nicole,GG PLATINUM, Pikeville, North Carolina

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~Benjamin Franklin

I sit down to write, but nothing comes to me. I am as empty as my refrigerator on a hungry day. I close my eyes and try to imagine a story that I can put onto paper. At first, I am picturing my day; waking up for school, my classes, the rock load of homework that keeps piling up, but as I begin to relax something emerges. I am no longer sitting down. I am sky diving in a world of opportunities. I visit England, Rome, and Olympia. I am on the pyramids in Egypt deciphering King Tut’s tomb. I can feel the wind, taste the salty air, and hear the archangels sing. I am watching Shakespeare perform “The Twelfth Night”, and riding on a giraffe’s back in the safari. I want more. I want to discover a star, name a fungus, watch Beethoven perform his Ninth Symphonies, and discover the pinkest sunset. Suddenly, I am jolted and come back to reality. I know exactly what I am going to write about