Sprinkler Psychic | Teen Ink

Sprinkler Psychic

By lawltothepants BRONZE, Horsham, Pennsylvania
lawltothepants BRONZE, Horsham, Pennsylvania

I always feel as if my family will always be there for me. I think about them as a sort of lifeline. It feels like if I was in trouble my family would be there like some kind of superheroes. My trip to Disney showed me that they would be there for me, not only if I’m in trouble, but if I’m sad or if I just want to laugh. I enjoyed the time with my family on the trip to Disney. I learned a lot.
One night, as we were walking back to the hotel from one of the parks at like 2:00 in the morning my dad and my brother left the path and went out on the grass. I can’t quite remember why they did it, but I think they were going to get something. My mom said, “Don’t go on the grass. The sprinklers might go on,” right before they went out on the grass.
I saw the metal of the sprinklers sparkling in the moonlight. They stuck out like a sore thumb in the grass field.
My dad said, “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine.”

As they went out I thought to myself, “The sprinklers are definitely going to spray both of them.”
I could hear them clicking, which was the worst sound they could possibly hear at the time.
I knew it was the sprinklers clicking when I saw them sopping wet.
They got soaked!
They looked as if they just got out of the shower!
It was really funny.
My mom and I laughed hysterically at them.
They got back to the path. They were wet and annoyed. They had to walk the rest of the way home drenched.
After they stopped being angry, we all laughed at the fact that my mom was correct. She said that the sprinklers would turn on and they did. I thought she was some kind of psychic. It was probably just a lucky guess.
I had a lot of fun throughout the whole entire trip. I thought it was pretty amazing that I could actually have fun and laugh with my family. After that trip, I looked at my family in a completely different light. I found out that it’s not absolutely boring to hang out with your family every once in a while. I wish I could go to Disney World again, and I would if I ever got the chance.
The trip to Disney world taught me a lot about myself. Including that time where my brother and my dad got sprayed by the sprinklers. I love my family and enjoyed the time I had with them. I will never forget that vacation. That trip taught me things about my family, myself and life overall.