Moving on This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

This is the city I've lived in all my life. I know nothing for sure, out of this city. I know no one out of this city. I have no one out there I can call my own. Or even someone I know well.
I want out of this city. This city chokes me. This city has nothing more to offer. I'm bored of this place.
This city is where I grew up, where all my memories are concentrated. It's where I made friends, fell in love, became a writer, laughed, cried and did everything else that I'm going to look back at, in one of those visions that people say they have when they are older. This place is all I will remember.
There is no adventure here. I can randomly start walking blindfolded, and then look around after taking off the blindfold, and know exactly where I am. There is no place left unseen.
I can never get lost in this city. This city is the haven that people look for, where I could be comfortable roaming around in my pyjamas.
Getting out of this city will be like a breath of fresh air. Something new to inspire is waiting for me. New weather. New seasons. A new life.
The winds of this city are familiar. I'm used to the heat on my skin, that I don't even get tanned with. I'm used to the smells, the fumes, the sandy breeze.
I look out of the window, eyes glazed with tears, at the aeroplanes near the one I was seated in. As the plane takes off, I see all I've ever known, being left behind. I feel ungrateful. I feel relieved. I'm happy. I'm sad.
I'm gone.

Tess said...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 6:00 am

wish ther wer somethin i cud do to make u feel a lil less miserable about this place .... but ther isnt much i can do .... actually ther is .. i cud like rework the entire structure of this city n make it alot more exciting ... yea totally possible

i know im very practical :P

DreamingOutLoud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 6:15 am

VERY, VERY practical. I am so proud. =P

I am not miserable about this place...entirely. That's what the problem is. If I knew for sure that I hated this place, it wouldn't be a conflict.

Oh, well.

DungeonDweller replied...
Nov. 24, 2010 at 8:10 am

1.) Tessa- haha!

2.) I wish I had some place I could call 'my own'. Some place where I'd lived long enough to get sick of. :)

I almost envy you.:O

Tess replied...
~(to the dungeon dweller who seems to be actually living in dungeons- which i must say is shocking in itself- without internet access to contact certain other ppl ) yay ... someone FiNaLy noticed my existence