I've Missed You | Teen Ink

I've Missed You

By WeAreOne GOLD, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
WeAreOne GOLD, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

"Stop existing, and start living," - Michael Jackson

It had been two weeks since I've last looked at his face. Two cold, lonely, miserable weeks. The two weeks kept my mind rushing, but more importantly: my heart pacing. But seeing his face now made everything speed up even faster. I couldn't quite feel it, but I knew my heart was pounding against my frozen chest. I inhale and close my unworthy eyes. I couldn't help but lift the corners of my lips into a grin.

I open my eyes, knowing I'll see him, but still pathetically unprepared. I stare at his lips, because I know if I look into his eyes that I'll fall in. He says something soft and quiet, but I can't seem to listen. I'm far too concentrated and busy for talking.

He gets closer and I stop breathing. His lips dig in and his eyes shut down. He looks worried, scared, but overjoyed at the same time. We get closer and I hold my breath once again. I swore I was only getting oxygen from my adrenaline And it was then that he kissed me, and also when I realized I was very much in love.

This is the story I wrote after I first thought and realized that I was in love (I still think I am, and it's been three years), I'll never forget that moment and felt it needed to be expressed.