The (Almost) Suicide | Teen Ink

The (Almost) Suicide

I loved the water. I always have since I was a child. Right now, it was my way out. The only way out it seemed. I could never seem to do it, because buses always stopped, pills never did the job, and my body wouldn't let me hold my breath.
I used to be so loved, so happy. But now, i just don't know. I don't believe that anyone truly cares, although I know that they do. I feel invisible, and I didn't think I'd ever resort to this.

I'm going to drown myself. Tie a cement block to my leg and dive into the ocean. When I gasp for air and expect oxygen, only water will fill water.

I knew that people cared about me, but it was so hard to believe. i knew that people loved me, but they never seemed to show it. There were too many unsolved problems.

Then I realize: All of those problems could be resolved, just by talking. The only on that couldn't would be the jump I was about to take. So I stepped back, and cried.

I went through a severe depression and almost committed suicide. Luckily, I was able to realize that life is completely worth living almost the second before I had committed suicide, so this is my personal story to hopefully help other people realize life is worth it.