Carnival Ride | Teen Ink

Carnival Ride

By volleyballchickie123 BRONZE, Mancos, Colorado
volleyballchickie123 BRONZE, Mancos, Colorado

Have you ever been stuck on a carnival ride? Well I have, and it’s not that fun.

Last summer my sister and I went to a carnival at the Montezuma Fair Grounds by Cortez. They had so many rides, but there was only one that looked scary. And it was the “Ring of Fire”. It was really big, like a skyscraper. When I gathered enough tickets my sister told me to get on it. I didn’t want to get on it, but she tried to make me, so my sister and I argued about that for a while.

After we were done fighting, I loaded myself on the ride. It started off slow, and I thought to my self “Wow this is lame.” But Oh was I wrong! It started to go faster and faster.

When the ride got to the top of the Ring, it stopped. It broke down, when was on top upside down, thinking “Oh boy what did I get myself into?” After about fifteen minuets of being upside down, about to puke everywhere, they finally got us down.

After that day I realized maybe it’s not such a good idea to do everything people say. And maybe if I do want to ride a ride I should probably ask what is the chance of the ride breaking down.

This piece is kinda silly, but it reminds me of how much my sister means to me.