Always and Forever | Teen Ink

Always and Forever

November 2, 2010
By amandaa SILVER, Lysekil, Other
amandaa SILVER, Lysekil, Other
7 articles 2 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Set a goal so big that if you achieved it, it would blow your mind." -The Secret


Here I was, getting the call. The most dreaded call of all. There I stood, petrified. I tried to accept but my heart would not accept and my brain would not process it. After standing for some time, the tears started pouring out of me like a violent, flowing river. I felt as if the lights had gone out of my world. It wasn’t true. It couldn’t be. Just yesterday, she was alive, she was breathing, her heart pumping blood throughout her fragile body. I felt melancholy and morose. My usual positiveness was meager. Into the end, she was so strong that I doubted this would happen. I was so sure that she was going to get through it. At least her pain is gone and she is free. I hope that she is flying in heaven, dressed in a beautiful white mantle that sways in the cooling breeze. I hope that she can see all her family and friends missing her. I want her to know how much she is missed. I still wish she could be here with me. At least she knows that I love her, always and forever. Grandma, my tears keep falling, I miss you so much.


The author's comments:
About 2 years ago my grandmother passed away after a couple of tough years struggling with cancer. What made it even harder was that my family and I don't live in Sweden where the rest of our family live (including my grandmother then), we live halfway across the world. This poem describes the feelings that I got when we recieved that dreaded phone call, the phone call I had been hoping, wishing, and praying, not to get. After writing this poem, I felt free in some way. I felt like I had let my heart out and that my grandma knew how I felt about her because I don't feel that those few times per year when I met her, I never really told her how much she really meant to me. So this poem is dedicated to my wonderful grandma, whom I miss terribly much. I love you, grandma!