French american | Teen Ink

French american

October 21, 2010
By Zira333 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
Zira333 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
22 articles 10 photos 0 comments

Many French teenagers are prejudice against americans because they are stereo type as stupid, fat and babyish in france which is unfair.
Zoe had a harsh life living in france as a teenager. Certain French kids bullied her and madefun of her. The girl was called many names but out of all those terrible names there was one that was worst than all the names together, “l’americaine”. Yes its an honor to be American but it wasn’t to the French kids. They French were repelled that president bush had been elected president, so they decided all americans must be stupid. L’americaine was an extreme generalization. No one wanted to know who Zoe really was just because of where she came from. One day as Zoe was walking home from school, she realized a group of French boys whom the French call “racaille” was fallowing her. She kept walking when suddenly th boys pulled out a fire cracker, lit it and while yelling L’Americaine! Through the blazing object at Zoe. Zoe turning around just in time to see the firey bomb hurling at her and feeling it land on her head, screaming she ran, ran as fast as she could to get away from those devils who began to chase her. Hurt and afraid Zoe got home. Zoe tryed to assimilate with the society but it was difficult. She was still known as L’americaine. Its unfair the way they treated Zoe, like a foreign creature.