The Day He Left | Teen Ink

The Day He Left

By spirit_bound GOLD, Clarmore, Oklahoma
spirit_bound GOLD, Clarmore, Oklahoma

"The human spirit is not measured by the size of the act, but the size of the heart"

The day he left, he heart shattered into billoins and billions of tiny little pieces. It was so many years ago, yet I remember it perfectly, as if it were only yesterday. I stood outside, away from everyone else, awaiting his arival. This was a day that I had been dreading for months and months. I knew what was in store for me now.

He came to me, at the same time he did every day, and he acted so nonchalantly about everything. It was almost like he had forgotten the reason we did this in the first place. He carried himself with pride, he knew what he was doing was right, even though it would seperate us forever, and make our secret love affair imposible. He knew that we would never see each other again.

He dressed casually, like it didn't matter to him what my last impression of him would be. I kept telling myself that it was okay, that he had a reson for his lack if caring, but for some reason, I couldn't some up the courage to ask him about it. Iknew that he cared about me, and that was all that really should have mattered. But it still kind of bugged me. I mean, here I am, in an outfit that was fit for royalty, and took me three hours just to put on, in so much make up that i could have been mistaken for a prostatute (in case your wondering, I dont dress like that any more), and he shows up in an old T shirt and ripped up freaking jeans!

But despite his awful look, he was sill kind of the same, not all that much had changed in him. Even though he dressed like crap, once we got to talking he was still the same. He was still my Isaiah, and he was still the sweetest, most sensative, caring guy that I had fallen in love with the past year.

After the all-to-quickly-over day had sadly come to an end, we said our goodbyes with tears in our eyes, we hugged, and for the first time, I told him that I loved him, and now that I look back at that day, three years ago, I realize that what I said to him was nothing but the truth, and today it still is.

As of today, we are billions of miles apart, but our love is still growing, strong and healthy. I will never see him again, but thatys okay-and I know that I totally sound like a hopeless romantic ion saome comedy movei right now-but he'll always be with me, in my heart and in my soul. I would give anything just to be with him again, and I'm not lying.

My heart, is still broken into billions of peices, and I dont know how long it will take me, to glue them back together again.

choirchick2013 BRONZE, Pierceton, Indiana

Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for other in faith, in love, and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12)

this is soo true. i know exactly wat u mean...

ablonda GOLD said...
ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut

Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live

~Author Unknown~

It's a good story, I really like it. You should just watch out for the spelling and grammar mistakes. There were at least 15, and it would make you look like a grammar genius if you could spell perfectly. Keep writing, and please check out my most recent story when you have the time. I would really like you to criticize my articles if you can.