The Best Boy That Ever Happened To Me | Teen Ink

The Best Boy That Ever Happened To Me

October 19, 2010
By ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
14 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live


~Author Unknown~


Chapter 2

During last period my wrist was killing me. I had decided right after study hall that I was going to write him a note so that he would at least know that I was interested. Because clearly everyone else knew that I was by now. I hadn’t stopped talking or thinking about him all day. Now there was only one thing left to do, figure out what the hell that I was going to write in this little “love letter” to him. I didn’t want to sound desperate or needy, because I wasn’t. I just knew deep down that he was the one I wanted to be with and I didn’t know how much longer I could handle to this feeling.

I was so nervous that I couldn’t even connect the pen to the paper. For Ashley’s sake I was being ridiculous. I was scared to write on a blank piece of paper. How pathetic! Now, what should I say? This was a dire situation in my book. He was the most gorgeous guy at my school and every girl wanted him. I had to do something, and fast!

The next morning, I was so nervous that I couldn’t even convince myself to hand him the note. My face began to flush every time I looked at him. A few times I could have sworn that I saw him looking at me too. But there was no way that I could be positive. That is, unless I asked him. And let me tell you, there was now way in hell that I was going to be able to ask him if I could even hand him a stupid piece of paper with a few words on it. So after contemplating what I would do about my situation, my friend Shayna decided I was taking too long and that she was going to do it for me. No, of course I didn’t want her to! But what was I going to do? Scream at her as she was handing it to him? No way!

So, eventually I just had to know what he thought about the note. I had another one of my friends ask him what he thought about the note. “We’re not in kindergarten. If you really want to know you can ask me yourself,” was his rude and selfish reply! Wow talk about a total asshole move! Maybe he wasn’t as great as he appeared. I mean hell, why not just scream at me and call me a whore for trying! Thanks buddy! Job well done! You made her want to shoot herself and call it a day! Ugh! Sometimes I really hated boys, almost as much as I hated high school.


The author's comments:
More drama in my already suckish life. But hold on, there might be a twist. Coming up next in, The Best Boy That Ever Happened to me Chapter 3! :)