Guitar Guy | Teen Ink

Guitar Guy

By Writer4Life_21 SILVER, No Where, Maryland
Writer4Life_21 SILVER, No Where, Maryland

"If you don't know where your going, you will end up someplace else." - Yogi Bera

The bus had just dropped us off at school. I went to my locker, like always, and did my small bit of socializing with the small bit of friends that I had. I decided that I was going to go to my first period class early in order to study for the test that we had. It was a math test, and I needed to get an A on it.

I headed up to the upper one hundreds to stop just one more time to get my friend by her locker and pick her up because we go to math class together. As I walked the hallways I observed, being the very observant person that I am. There were so many clicks. You could tell who were the hair flippy girls, the football players, the tall black basketball players, the outcasts, and even just the normal people (if there was such thing). I felt as if I was walking in slow motion. You know in those movies, when there is somebody walking in slow mo and everything is blurry but you can still make out what it is? That’s what it felt like. Hmph, weird, I thought.
There was one person in particular who caught my eye. He was the only one sitting in the hallway, everyone else was standing. He had dirty blond hair, blue eyes, but I could automatically tell that he wasn’t the normal blond hair blue eyes kid. There was something dramatically different about him that totally stumped me. Not only that, but he was playing a guitar. I thought, who plays a guitar on the side of a hallway in a high school? Especially if you are a freshmen! Us freshmen have to stay out of the way and watch who we accidentally bump into to survive our first year of high school without harassment! What was he doing playing a guitar in the hallway? I kept walking towards my friend’s locker which was within great viewing distance of guitar guy. I don’t know what it was, but something about him drew me in. Something about him made me want to know more.

My friend was going on about how she didn’t have time to study for the test last night, but I was barely listening. I was too busy looking at guitar guy. He was playing with such composure and totally by ear, he was really good at it too. I could tell by the way he was playing that he did not just play the guitar to play it, there was something more, like… a need to play it. Sometimes I wondered if I was the only one who saw him. Everyone was walking by like he was totally invisible. Within the time that I was at my friends locker, there were a couple of teachers who walked by, I thought he was going to get in trouble, because the warning bell had already rang to put all electronics away…Would a guy with a guitar get in trouble? How could he? The teachers defiantly saw him though. They looked his way, smiled, and then proceeded walking. It was almost as if they just didn’t have the guts to tell someone to stop playing music. I know I couldn’t do that. I could never tell someone to stop singing or playing music, that’s like a crime in my book.
I went to my first period class with my friend and didn’t think about guitar guy at all for the rest of the day.

----------
I was in my room that night, just sitting on the floor while listening to the radio and doing absolutely nothing, which was not a problem with me. I started going over my day in my head, how I think I aced my math test but failed my English test. Then, guitar guy popped into my head again. My mind was wondering and wondering, but this guy was the only person that has ever given my brain such a mental block. I couldn’t analyze or come to any reasonable conclusions about him. The only thing that I did know for sure was that on Monday, I was going to talk to him.

This piece is absolutely 100% true. How I felt and all of the details down to what day of the week it is set on is true. I wrote this story in 20 minuets, that Friday night in my room. Please tell me what you think! Thanks :)

MRose911 GOLD said...
on Jan. 30 2011 at 11:10 pm
MRose911 GOLD, Paradise, Utah

"No boy is worth crying over and the one who is won't make you cry." - Sarah Kane

This. Is. AMAZING!! You need to post more on here because this right here... wow. amazing! I can't put my finger on what is so amazing about this but, wow! I freaking love this! :D

on Jan. 28 2011 at 8:31 am

thanks so much for your comments :).

on Oct. 22 2010 at 10:00 pm
kmarie14 PLATINUM, Hyrum, Utah

"Life is either an adventure...or nothing" -Helen Keller

just saw that this is nonfiction...now i like it even better!

on Oct. 22 2010 at 9:59 pm
kmarie14 PLATINUM, Hyrum, Utah

you should write more....please! :) i cant really put my fingerr on what it is but...its just an amazing story :) thanks so much for posting!