The New Kid | Teen Ink

The New Kid

By DannnyeDavis SILVER, Carrollton, Texas
DannnyeDavis SILVER, Carrollton, Texas

He was the new kid. He here moved from Detroit. He looked lonesome, scared, out of place... but that didn't stop us. We ignored him. To be honest I don't know why. It never came to thought that he new. When it came to the day of assigned seats everyone hoped of sitting next to there friend. The teacher called his name. I knew there was a chance that my name was next...It was. I ignored him. Even during partner projects. To be honest I don't know why. The year came to an end. Summer was here and my parents decided to end all the fighting once and for all. They divoreced. Me my sister and my dad were on our own and moved. Summer was over. On my first day of school I was nervous, scared, and out of place. everyone had a friend they hadn't seen over the summer... except for me. The time came for assigned seats no one wanted to sit next to the "new kid", Except for him. He greeted me, showed me around asked me questions. I realized how much we used to hurt that other kid and that I was now the "New Kid".

True life (exagurating a little)