You're Imaginary | Teen Ink

You're Imaginary

September 6, 2010
By kdixie BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
kdixie BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is fair. People are not."


I’m probably a very delicate creature. I could break at any moment or maybe not. Truth is, I don’t really know who I am, and it could be none of my business, only God’s and those who surround me. For I do not know why I say the things I say, do the things I do, or cry over what I cry.

I am just a human with thoughts and ideas beyond my explanation with a background that could be real or fake and none of us know if that did or did not shape who I am today.

If anyone ever called me one thing that was true, it would have been Cody, whether he was in his right mind or not, and some may argue that Cody is a poor judge of character for anyone but especially me. But since I do not know and may never know, I cling to those few last words.

People say when you point a finger, you have three pointing right back at you, and with Cody in myself and myself in Cody, I know we fought a battle of two people scared to admit who they were deep down. So what he said we both were and my silent tears were his as he drove away.

I could not say goodbye to Cody, because we both knew the note we would have ended on would damage our ear drums and leave us scarred for life.


The author's comments:
I don't miss you so much. I miss the temptation of you.