I know who you are because I know what you love | Teen Ink

I know who you are because I know what you love

By In_Love_Loved PLATINUM, Concord, New Hampshire
In_Love_Loved PLATINUM, Concord, New Hampshire

"I've lost my faith in so many things but I still believe in you." -Sanctus Real

Of all of the secrets and dreams and the ideas and it was amazing. There are things to do and lessons to learn. I can't be around. So many things I didn't think anything of, it would only make it real.

Like trying to grow a flower up out of the mud, it couldn't happen. I remember exactly where I was when I got the news... And I couldn't do anything. But don't you remember I was trying to do the right thing and follow my heart at the same time - it wasn't easy. My photographs and your letters are proof.

Put us barefoot by the water, alone, it wouldn't have gone down like this right? The four a.m. had me calming fears, the ten p.m. had me drying tears. If you remember, I was multi-tasking. Nothing made me smile like you.

I couldn't be around. To do the normal things. A beautiful day with a beautiful person was put off and off and off... And, this? Like Taylor Swift sings? "A careless man's careful daughter?"
Well...

It was you who said "sometimes you can only do so much for someone," and I know exactly what you mean. I'm sorry you never got what you hoped for. I can remember what caused me to drift away. It was words and promises trying to make us closer but I was drifiting away.

I know exactly who you are because I know exactly what you've always loved. So in retrospect, it was never going to work.

I slept in my under-construction bedroom. Walls, messed up, soon to paint... My wide open window. Perfect view of all the stars. Too bad my town was lit up with streetlights.

So much has happened since the past nine months. And if you remember, I shared every piece of it with you, every step of the way.

I met my best friend after the collision.

And I've once again, like back with you, become hit up with sights, sounds, colors, words, unspoken dreams, and memories that belong to me.