Mother | Teen Ink

Mother

By EmoAngel SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
EmoAngel SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada

A rose by anyother name smells just as sweet ~Willam Shakespear~

I didn’t want to do it, but I thought it was the only way I could open her eyes to what she was, not only doing to me, but to her whole family. The day I called the cops on my mother for her alcoholism was the day I changed my mothers life. The only reason I did it was I couldn’t take the threats, the beating of my little sister, the screaming, the fights, and the thing that really pushed me to the edge, blaming your children for your alcoholism.

It all started when I was in 7th grade and she came into your life, then you married her. The drinking was subtle at first it started out once of twice a month, then lead to going every weekend, and then you ended up go every night. I thought you would stop but you never did.

Every morning I woke up you had a new bruise on you because she would hit you but when she stop hitting you, you started in on your children. You would threaten us, call us filthy names and say we were worthless.
The straw that broke the camels back was when I was to come over for dinner I told you I didn’t want to get married jus yet I wanted to wait till I could afford it a little more. You looked at me as you wanted to kill me. You then leaned over and slurred in my ear “ What you just did is the reason I drink.”
I ran out of the house, those word echoing through my head, tears running down my cheeks; I knew what I had to do. After I called the cops on you my aunt called me and said that you had try to OD for the second time and that you were in the hospital. I didn’t care I never wanted to see you again. Then I heard that you had gotten 160 day in jail. I was glade maybe you’ll straighten up a little and see what you have done to your family.
The letters you write me show that you are getting better but when you get out how do I know I can trust you again? How do I know that I wont get anymore late night calls from my sister saying you hit her again, or that your trying to kill each other? How do I know you wont end up dead because of her hands?
My pain has now turned in to hate and my tears no longer fall for you. I will never be able to look at you the same again.