Born Jewish, Living Palestinian

"Ya, I went to Israel." I say, I say this to everybody who looks at me as though I have a second head growing out of my neck.
But the next reasponse is the worst,"So you're Jewish." Not a question, a statement.
"Yes I am Jewish, but i didn't go on the 'Birth Right' trip because on that trip I might have gotten to go to Israel for free but I wouldn't know that there are people living on the other side of the wall."
"How old are you?"
"13."
"When is your Bar-Mitsvah?"
This is what i hate the most.
"Bat-Mitsvah, I will not be having one."
"But you said that you are Jewish."
Stupid people. *sigh*
"I am, but not all Jews are entirely religious."
"Oh, goodbye."
"bye."

This is how most of my conversations went after the trip, short and tiresome. I hated explaining the same thing over and over again. But when i think back on it i am really happy that i went and got to learn about it all.

Ninz59 said...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 11:39 am

This is actually cool.

But I dont get how the title relates to this. Please explain? :)

Oh & by the way Im Palestinian:)

Ninz59 replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 11:49 am

Omg, Im sorry. I just understood the title now. Can I ask you how you felt when you saw the people living on the other side of the wall? 

Thanks.

winnethepoohisawesome replied...
Which side of the wall

Ninz59 replied...
Palestinian side.

winnethepoohisawesome replied...
it wasn't really how i felt that i can remember, but more like the feelings that were being directed at me. what i can remember is all of this comfert and happines and wonder that was being directed at the group for just being there and showing that we are going to tell there story when we got back.