The Sad Things About Summer | Teen Ink

The Sad Things About Summer

August 4, 2010
By gm1123 BRONZE, Plantation, Florida
gm1123 BRONZE, Plantation, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
love each other or die


Summer should be a time of fun, a time away from the academic pressures of school, as well as a chance of pure relaxation and an opportunity to hang out with friends. For me, however, though summer is also a time without school and a time of relaxation, it is a time with too much relaxation. My days are spent in pure boredom because my small groups of friends are not always available to hang out, which is not entirely their fault. For example, sometimes they have other obligations that they must attend to, as do I. Whereas, it’s the people who claim to be my friends and always tell me we must hang out over the summer that really drives me insane because it never actually happens. In fact, I would prefer if they just said I don’t want to hang out because at least that would be the truth. It’s the same thing every year and I am sick and tired of it. I don’t know if I am right but I am sure it’s the same deal for the millions of other teenagers who are disabled. Another sad thing about summer is that the people that seemingly become your close friends during the school year, because they say they will always be there for you, mysteriously disappear once the last day of school ends and the final bell has rung. Once summer starts everything changes. I may never know why, but it does and that to me is very sad, especially when our friendships do not have to end. These are the sad things about summer.


The author's comments:
This piece talks about what I generally deal with with my peers each summer