Innocence is Bliss | Teen Ink

Innocence is Bliss

July 20, 2010
By SwimAngel BRONZE, Olive Branch, Mississippi
SwimAngel BRONZE, Olive Branch, Mississippi
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life sucks. And then you die. I should be so lucky," - Jacob Black


When we were really little, we believed in fairytales and princesses and that anything could happen. We got a little older and figured out just a little bit more. Now we're almost grown and the saying 'anything can happen' means really bad things can happen, too. To anybody. Even kids and teens. Some people caught on to this earlier than others. And some (like me), being their neive, happy-minded selves, crashed and hit the rocky shores of reality. Hard. I -along with another close friend- have been through a lot in the past 2 years. Since the joyfull bliss of youth is now gone, fear takes its place. We went from nail polish, tatoos, and movies on Friday nights to climbing ( or attempting to climb) out of a 2-story window and running to keep away from our perverted and obsessed predator. Scarily detailed nightmares take the place of sweet dreams. Dread and drama fill in for the missing-in-action- emotions and joys of the innocence a happy place once brought us. Instead of trying to find a imperfection in our happy world, maybe we should've been enjoying it. We didnt know this was coming, but lookng back, I wouldn't have changed anything about it the past. And looking at life now, well......lets just say we're going to ive life to the fullest while I still can.


The author's comments:
True story. That's all I'm saying.