Dear Soldier | Teen Ink

Dear Soldier

By armygirl22 GOLD, Brandon, Florida
armygirl22 GOLD, Brandon, Florida

i finally understand what true love really means. love means that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.

I know that you are asleep right now, and you probably won't read this, but I need to let this out.

Iloveyou, so much, more than I'll ever love someone in my life. You have showed me what REAL love is - not just that puppy dog, High school crushes- real, true love. The kind of love I used to read in books and only see in the movies. I never thought that I would find my happy ending so early in my life. And you've showed me that love is forever. That we can endure anything in the world, and we're still happy as can be, and probably more in love than before.

I haven't been the best girlfriend that I could be lately. And I'm regretting that more now than ever. And I'm going to try my hardest to find a way to fix that. I'm gonna get my act back together. I can't spend anymore days away from you, seeing as how you'll be leaving me sometime in August. :/ We just spent three days apart from each other, and believe me babe, those days were like hell on my heart, and I think I missed you more than I ever have in my life.

I guess what I'm really trying to say as I ramble on, is that, I'm sorry for all the mistakes I've made recently and in the past. If I could, I would go back and change them. But they say if you do that, then your present isn't the same, and we're so in love, I wouldn't want to change that. And Iloveyoubaby, with no spaces, like you always say it.

I need to record all of our memories in my head, in photos, in videos, so I'll have them to hold onto while you're away from me for God knows how long. Because we know we can't get them back. And I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I dread the day that I have to tell you "I'll be seeing you soon my Soldier."

Iloveyou,
Always
Your girlfriend<3

I wrote this one night when I realized my boyfriend was leaving sooner than I thought.