Different...Maybe Even Alone

I have family and friends that I see just about every day of my life. If I’m surrounded by so many people why do I feel so alone? I feel that my soul has wandered off to a place where no one can hear me cry. No matter how much I’m hurting on the inside, I manage to put on a face so no one would ever know. I’m afraid of being judged because of my personal issues. Most people think of me as being very nonchalant and hard to figure out. It’s true, I am very nonchalant and hard to figure out because I prefer that people don’t know how lively and passionate I can be. As one of the youngest children in my family my talents and feelings were overlooked because others believed my cousins had something better. Just because I was never one to dance and sing in front of everyone doesn’t mean I don’t have something wonderful to offer. I feel that I have something on my side that they don’t, writing. I don’t need a big stage or many supporters to satisfy me, all I need is a pencil and sheet of paper. That’s why I feel alone, the people closest to my heart won’t hear me out because I’m different.