On Death and Dying

I just finished re-reading The Deathly Hallows and when I got to the part where Harry asks if dying hurts, I paused. It kind of got my mind wandering, to …you know, beyond. “on” as dumbledore called it. It scares me, really, because even though I’m not religious I’d still like to believe that life doesn’t just END. But then again, what would there be if it didn’t? What would be waiting for you as soon as you parted with the world?

I don’t know about you, but I’m a little skeptical when it comes to talk about souls and whatnot. I suppose it’s my logical mind speaking, but I just can’t see it, as much as I’d really really like to, deep down. Don’t get me wrong, though, I’d still like to think that there’s some ethereal all-knowing being looking out for mankind, and I really don’t think the world was created by chance.

I guess what I’m getting at is that believing wholeheartedly in something can be kind of hard when youre a curious seventeen year old high school student who doesn’t know a thing about the world she lives in.