Insanity?

Do you ever get teased about your friends? I do. I, like you, have a few friends that I am extremely close with. Some people call me insane for it, and you may think so as well.
I have a friend. She is young, maybe 10. Her hair is blond as can be. Her eyes are dark, but they sparkle with light and laughter. To look at her, you would think there is nothing bad or wrong in the world. She is like a pixie: small, sweet, and charming. The instant you see her, you want to keep her safe. After spending an hour with her, you would kill anyone who tried to harm her.
Another friend of mine has very nearly done that very thing. Johnathon is very protective, not only of Sara, but of all his friends. His eyes are piercing, and you feel as though they can see past whatever façade you might try to put up. He almost seems elfish, in that he is so at peace with himself that he seems ageless. He is almost twenty, and while typically serious, can be a lot of fun.
My friend Michael is confusing. I secretly think he is bipolar. He can be extremely sweet and nice, but he also has an extremely short temper. he often gets into fights, and is not very wise in picking his opponants. Usually, he fights whoever is making him angry. One day, Sara annoyed him and he yelled at her horribly. He might have been going to hit her, but Johnathon showed up just in time.
Sara hasn’t been the only female victim of Michael’s wrath. He once tried to kill – or, rather, threatened to kill - my friend Erica. Erica is interesting. She is somewhat quiet, with dark hair and eyes. She’s smart, but has several “quirks” which keep her from fitting in with the “popular” crowd and the “normal” kids. Luckily, She fits in perfectly with my other friends and I.
These are my friends. You might not see anything unusual about them; then again, you might think we all belong in the loony bin. So tell me: does the fact that only one of these friends of mine is actually real, make me insane? Can you even tell which one it is?

JustAlice. said...
oh my! i love this, reading it reminds me of my own friends. i obviously know which one is which but i probably would have picked johnathan though. 

jessi replied...
Haha! thanks! :)     Sadly, Johnathon isn't real :(

SilverSnowflakes said...
I'm guessing Erica... or maybe the 10-year-old. Not sure.

jessi replied...

BINGO! it's Erica.

howd you know?

SilverSnowflakes replied...
Well, the best friends are the weird ones, I've found, and I could definitely picture an imaginary friend threatening to kill your real friend. I'm sure my best friend is much stranger than "Erica" but I think she's the most amazing person ever, and then I also have friends who threaten to kill each other, so it's very easy for me to picture that scene.

jessi replied...
Ahhh. Yeah, most of my friends are extrodinarily weird :D  I love it. I didn't go alot into detail about Erica, mostly because I had her read this xD    Weird friends are amazing :] ♥

ElizabethMarieJones said...
Jul. 5, 2010 at 4:40 am
My parents seriously laughed at that hon.....and I loved your discrption of me. XP

jessi replied...

hahaha! nice :]

i told you i changed a few things! xP

Sliva23 said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 1:54 am
Thats a great piece....just because you have different friends it really doesnt mean your insane....its good that you have people that have different personialies and you never no maybe along the way they begin to change

jessi replied...
thanks! :)