Make a Wish | Teen Ink

Make a Wish

By BeforetheStorm PLATINUM, Eastbrook, Maine
BeforetheStorm PLATINUM, Eastbrook, Maine

"I miss you, more than the sun misses the moon... and the desert misses the soft caress of the rain on a hot summer's night..."

Not sure where to go. I've been looking for the answer for quite some time, but I keep coming upon forks in the road; I see smooth sailing, and then get struck by a wave.

The wave is a wave of knowledge. The knowledge makes me think. Whether or not I'm thinking the right things or not, makes me think. Thinking isn't good for me. I need to find something else to do. Any ideas?

I love the smooth sailing. I'll have to make sure the find the smooth sailing every time I come out here. I enjoy this.

But the weather man said that the weather was supposed to be nice... NOW what do I do? I think he lied to me.

See? I'm thinking again.

Note to self: Stop thinking. Get a notebook. Write in this notebook everyday, for a year. Come back and look at this notebook a year later, and re-think everything you've thought.

There's the sun I've been waiting for! It's finally like he said. Where do I go now? I can see everything, but I don't know where to go.

Crap.

It's looking good, so I'll just sail around for a little while. I'll see what happens.

He seems to want to tell me the truth, but I don't think I can trust him. He's only telling half truth, and then hiding the rest. Yesterday, he told me that there was going to be a few clouds here and there over the Atlantic, but he never told me there was a 90% chance of rain.

Where do I go from here?

Do I trust him?

I miss him. I wish I could talk to him. Get him to tell me what's really going on.

Maybe he doesn't trust me...

What do I do then? Where would I go from there?

Stop thinking.

Notebook.

Everyday.

This is the metaphor to my life.