Three Lonley Flowers | Teen Ink

Three Lonley Flowers

By MRSoftServe SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
MRSoftServe SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who know me. I am the only one who sees them. Three lonely flowers stems bent as if they were weeping with me. Three that stair at me thru the window. Three lifeless vessels casting shadows on the earth. Thru the window I feel pity for them. For me. But I can still see the irony.

Their color is faded. They tried to stay strong for the others, but all failed. They watched each other grow and they watched each other fade. Now they lay, holding each other, heads pointed down. This is how they weep.

Let’s not forget that they aren’t the only who hang there heads. On the day the whole world cries, only one will have his head held high. Yes, yes ,yes, this is the true justice. The human equilibrium.

When I finally look away from the flowers I see a second lifeless vessel, one that hits me harder. When I see this I can’t help but hide my face for shame of the tears that roll down my cheek. Three who know not of the human sorrow? Three who have never truly lost someone they love.

Inspired by my grandma's death.