The Friend that Saved My Life

Blood dripped down my arm, and that instant all my worries and sadness went away. I heard my mother walking down the hall. I had to hide all the evidence. The door opened and I acted like I was reading a book. My mother closed the door. I ran to the bathroom and held a tissue up to my wrist. I watched as the crimson color soak into the tissue.

Walking through the halls at school were not the easiest things to do. I always got the question why I wore my jacket all the time and I just told them that I was cold. It was my Junior year of high school when I finally got caught. I was in my in the locker rooms changing for P.E. and I wasn’t wearing my armbands and right as I was pulling my tee-shirt on and my friend saw my arm and grabbed it.

“What is this?” She asked loud enough for the people next to us to hear.

“It’s nothing,” I said as I pulled my arm away from her.

I threw my jacket on and walked out the door.
****

I was running in P.E. class and I heard some of the girls sitting on the benches snickering. I tried to ignore it but then I tripped and the girls laughed. I got up tears blurring my vision and ran to the locker rooms. I opened my locker grabbed my blade and slowly drug it across my skin blood rushing to the surface.
****

I wasn’t sure how long I was going to do this but I never wanted to stop. Every time I did it I felt like I was high on top of the world and nothing could hurt me; but that quickly changed my Senior year when my friend saw that I was getting worse.

She finally told me that if I wasn’t going to stop that she would no longer talk to me.

She took all my blades and looked at me “I am very disappointed in you.” She walked away. Those words echoed in my head, I knew I had to stop but how. Finally I started to talk to her about everything that was happening and why I was cutting and she told me that she would help me stop to this day I am free from cutting I thank her very much and with out her I might not even be alive.

Kisip_Typical_Islander said...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:36 am
Short but it captivating. Did you ever find out what those girls were really snickering about?

a.m.f said...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:02 am
this is really emotional. i like how it ends. good job :)

EternalAlexandra said...
thats great, I'm glad you had a friend there to care about you enough to help you stop. :)

Bethani said...
My ex was the same way except i only encouraged him to stop. 

DemonXxXchild903This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 11:31 am
Great story! What an awesome friend! Good job!