A Good Father | Teen Ink

A Good Father

May 16, 2010
By BornPoet1996 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BornPoet1996 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite quote I always say is:How does one find happiness in making another lose their own and Love comes and goes like a revolving door waiting to hit you dead in the head and knock you on your little feet...


A good father wouldn't hide all the things and secrets a child wants to know. A good father wouldn't lie straight to a child's face and hope the child will believe them. A good father wouldn't sit there and be away from their own child they helped make for 11 years and then come back and hope that everything will be the same as it was. A good father wouldn't put the other woman in the midst of him and his daughter's conversation when it has nothing to do with her at all. A good father wouldn't put his other daughter they made during the time they left in the middle of him and his first daughter's situation. A good father wouldn't always say anything about his younger daughter when the oldest one is annoyed and upset that her father left when she was just 2 turning 3 years old and then come back when she is 13 years of age not knowing what the hell happened in between them years when she wanted her father and he wasn't around. He doesn't know what it's like to not have a father figure around for the beginning part of her life when she started talking and walking but after that you abandoned me and it's nothing like you thought it would be. I have a lot of hate within me because I can't trust anybody to be there because just like you they will walk out of my life and never return. I'm tired of always being the one that's supposed to swallow up the fact that you weren't there for me but there for her and then me. The oldest should be treated the same as the little one. Yes it's true that I don't like your fiance' because you allowed her to take you away from me and start a new family. You talk about all the good she do but I can care less about it. You say I shouldn't be so mean oh well that's the way I am and that ain't gonna change one bit. A good father wouldn't have thought everything was okay when it really wasn't...


The author's comments:
My father inspired me to write this because he wasn't there for half of my life and now he expects everything to be okay and move on like nothing ever happened and tat he didn't do wrong when he know he did but now he trying to make up for all of it and I don't really care about it anymore. Not having a father around effected me in a major way and I don't want other kids to go through it like I did.