Big brother<3 | Teen Ink

Big brother<3

By Josie_is_crunk BRONZE, Menifee, California
Josie_is_crunk BRONZE, Menifee, California

Faith, Family, Fashion<3

It was a shock; it was out of no where. Ring, Ring, Ring! My mom picked up the phone. It was Dena, one of the many doctors from Children’s Hospital.
“We have an opening on our waiting list” Dena mentioned. My mom had a surprised look on her face, so I knew something was up. Shortly after, we were going to drive down to San Diego. That was going to be my first time in the waiting room with my brother. My mom filled out some paper work.

“Gosh I’m so bored.” I pointed out. I just wanted it to all be over already to be honest.
I didn’t know what to feel. I was scared, mad, nervous, and happy all at the same time. I just wanted to know that my brother was okay. Finally, after waiting what felt like forever, I got to see him. He was so weak he couldn’t even talk.
“You’re okay, right?” I questioned him as tears feel down my face.
He had a notepad and a pen. He wrote, “Everything is fine, I’ll be okay.”
I didn’t know what to feel. I was happy to know he got his kidney, but mad knowing that he was in so much pain but unable to do anything. I was so mad! I wish I could have done something about it. The only thing I could do for now was visit. He stayed in then hospital for nearly two weeks or more.
The day we finally were able to bring home, he had pillows all over him, so during the car ride he wouldn’t feel anything.

“Ow, mom can you drive a little bit slower?” he busted.
My mom cried silently and drove more slowly. I knew when I saw her tear up that they were tearing of joy, not of sadness. Just to be able to hear her son’ voice, it must have been one of the best feelings in her life. As soon as we got home my brother slept. My dad and I prepared so much for that moment of rest. Before we got home Dena had told us to clean EVERYTHING! From bedrooms, to doorknobs, everything and anything my brother was going to touch. I enjoyed the fact that he was home even though I couldn’t play with him, because my mom was too afraid of him getting hurt or getting sick. I liked the fact that he was there and I could see him.

Finally we were all together. The first morning back my mom cried. She didn’t know what to do. Before she would wake up and check if my brother’s bag had leaked during the night. I know it was hard for all of us getting used to Josh and his kidney transplant, but it was all for the better.
I thank God for every day and all the moments I have and will have with my brother?.