Vegas | Teen Ink

Vegas

By Andrea Meza BRONZE, Menifee, California
Andrea Meza BRONZE, Menifee, California

Early that morning we finally arrived at Las Vegas. I was soundly sleeping in the car. When all of a sudden I heard, “Wake up ‘everyone. We’re here!”

I thought we were stopping for breakfast, but my dad explained that we were already at Vegas. As we drove down the strip, I thought it was the most amazing place ever, because it was the firs time I’ve ever been there. Finally, after seeing hotel after hotel pass, we arrived at Circus-Circus. After my parents checked into our rooms, and we unpacked, we then headed down to the casinos. My parents gambled, while my sister and I ran to the arcades. I had so much fun, because I won prizes and tickets. As I was still having a blast playing games, I saw my mom walking towards me.

“Okay, let’s go,” my mom announced. I didn’t want to, but I had no other choice. So, we all went back to our room and call it a night.

The next day, while we were walking around, my dad said, “Hey you two, come here.”
“Where are we going?” my sister asked.

“To the rollercoaster,” my dad said with a smile.

When my dad said told me that I started to get real nervous because I didn’t want to go. My dad dragged us over to the line anyway. We waited for a while and then we finally got on. As soon as I sat down in the rollercoaster, I felt like getting off, but, unfortunately, the ride was already moving. As the ride whipped us up, down, left and right, I felt like crying the whole time. Then, as the ride did a loop, I could see my mom below laughing while I was screaming my lungs out. Once the ride was finally over, I was the happiest person on the planet to get off!

Later that night, we watched the circus. I was only five-years-old at that time, so I really liked it during one part of show, however, a clown brought out a tiger. I thought it was going to eat the clown, because the tiger was really big and it didn’t stop growling. After he took the tiger, he made it do tricks. As I was watching, I thought he was going to get hurt, because it was doing some very dangerous tricks. After the tiger was done, the clown started doing tricks and making everyone laugh.

Going to Vegas with my family was one of the best trips in my life, because I never had that much fun before.