Nonfiction Essay | Teen Ink

Nonfiction Essay

By JoeyR BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
JoeyR BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

Ever since I was a young boy, I liked to make money; the feel of a new crisp bill is like a fresh layer of clouds in the sky. Other kids would play with toys or play sports, but with my benevolent style I would find easy ways to make money. At age ten, I used to sweep leaves, and cut grass. I was an entrepreneur at age twelve.

My motto was it’s easier to get $1 from a million people then to get $1,000,000 from one person. I stuck with that and it turned out to work quite well. After I hit age twelve I was tired of doing dirty work, so I looked for a job. One of my friends was a paperboy, and he told me about it. I called his boss later that day to see if he was hiring, and he was. The thing was you had to be fifteen. I was only twelve but the guy on the phone misheard me and still hired me. I sold newspapers outside of Starbucks for two years then I moved on.

After that I got into the eBay business. I sell Disney/Pixar Cars and Hotwheels. I’ve been doing this for about three years now, and it’s working out pretty good. I’ve sold to over fifteen different countries, to every continent except Antarctica. I have had fun doing this and I am looking forward to doing this for a while more until something better comes up.