Eleven Years | Teen Ink

Eleven Years

May 29, 2010
By Anonymous

I still remember that day. I still remember every cold word you said to me; every heartless remark that I took straight to my heart. Eleven years. Eleven years of crying, laughing, loving friendship. And this is what you did to me. I remember how you were always there for me, just like I was for you. But that’s all changed hasn’t it? It’s funny, life. Things can be so perfect and then, in a blink of an eye it’s gone. Everything we built was gone, torn to the ground. I know I sound a little over dramatic but you will never understand. I was always the emotional best friend. We both know how this happened. And as much as I would like to blame our parents for whatever the hell happened I know I cant. We let this happen. Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. But I will never have another best friend like you. We were so honest to each other. Never lied, and when we fought, it lasted two minutes until we were laughing again. But that was then, before high school. Before lying, drama, rumors, gossip….boys; before your so called friends made fun of you, or ditched you. We slowly separated. And even though it took two years, it was the fastest thing. We started to have our fights, but they weren’t resolved in two minutes anymore. And we had our fun times, but they started to lessen as our arguments grew. You made new friends and I made mine. But I still tried, a hell of a lot more than you did. I called every month that summer, every goddamn month, Mia. I just wanted to hang out, to turn it back to old times. I knew it wouldn’t happen. I never stopped trying no matter what people told me. They said you’ve changed, and even though I knew they were right somewhere inside of me, I kept trying. Until that day when I knew it was never going to be the same. When I asked why you were mad at me. I knew I made a mistake. You just blew up. You poured every once of hatred on me and I was burning up. I never ever knew how much you could possibly hurt me until now. You told me that you hate me. That I was the biggest b**** you ever met. You said that to your best friend of eleven years. You said you’ve hated me for the past 3 years, Mia. Do you remember that? Probably not, because from that point on I wasn’t important to you. I was just another classmate, another person in the halls. A stranger. You didn’t acknowledge my presence. You just didn’t care. And I remember everything. I remember every word you killed me with. Here I go again, being my over dramatic self, but I cant help it. It happened a year a go and I’m not over it. And I don’t think I ever will be.