My Scar Story | Teen Ink

My Scar Story

By Alan Alatorre BRONZE, Menifee, California
Alan Alatorre BRONZE, Menifee, California

One day, my aunt picked my brother, my cousin and me from the bus stop. We started walking up a long street. About half way we were all bored and my brother said, “Let’s play a game. “

My cousin and I both agreed and said, “Okay”

As we were walking, my brother began to explain the rules, “The rules are to get as far as possible with your eyes closed. “ As soon as he was done explaining the rules he shouted, “Ready, set, go!! “

With a thunderous start we all took of at the same time. With my eyes closed I could hear the sound of their feet hitting the ground as they took off. Not a moment to soon, my aunt said, “You guys are going to get hurt!”
We got to the top of the street, and that’s when my brother opened his eyes so he was out. Next, we started going down hill. Eventually, my cousin and I were wandering all over the place. At one point, we were heading towards each other. All of a sudden, I could hear my brother shout out, “Turn, turn, turn!!!”

We didn’t have enough time to react to what he shouted out. Out of nowhere we collided. I opened my eyes, fell back, and put my hand on my forehead. My brother froze in shock and just stared at me. My aunt rushed towards me and picked me up.

We all went inside, my cousin and I were both crying. My aunt walked me to the bathroom, and I out my hand down from my forehead. Immediately, blood started gushing out of my forehead and dripping from my blood. During all of this my cousin and I were still crying. My aunt began to clean my forehead. As I felt the towel sliding towards the cut, I closed my eyes and squeezed tightly on the side of pants because the pain was so strong. It didn’t hurt as bad as I thought it would. My aunt finally wrapped a bandage around my head.
Once she was done I stopped crying, but my cousin was still crying because of her tooth that had dug into my forehead felt loose and wobbly. My cousin brought her hand up to her tooth and wiggled it. Her tooth was very loose. My aunt couldn’t really do anything about it, so she told her to sit down. In a couple of minutes she stopped crying.

As soon as all the crying stopped, my aunt decided to make us something to eat. We all sat down at the table waiting for the food to be ready. While we were waiting, brother looked at me and asked, “Does it hurt?”

I nodded my head and turned away. The food was ready and my aunt brought it to the table. As she put the plates down in front of us, my cousin kept wiggling her tooth. She stared at the sandwich for as couple of seconds. Right when she took the first bite she yelled, “Ouch!!”

As I began to munch down my sandwich, I heard the front door open behind me; my cousin’s brother came in. I looked back and he stopped and stared at me and my cousin. He looked like he was thinking, “What the heck happened to you guys?” Instead of finding out what had happened, he went to his room nodding his head the whole time. As I finished eating, I went to sit down on the couch and watched TV.

A couple of hours later, my mom came to pick my brother and me up. As she came in she saw the bandage on my head and asked, “What happened to you?!” my mom walked over to my aunt to talk to her. A couple minutes later, we left and on the way home my mom asked me again what had happened to me, so I told her everything that had happened.
In the end, my brother got blamed for it, because I told my mom it was his idea to play the game. One we got home, I sat down for a couple of minutes and then fell asleep. When I look back to this, I think about it what I did, and how I learned not to run around with my eyes closed, because now every time I look in a mirror I see a scar on my forehead.