We Broke Up Because Of Religion | Teen Ink

We Broke Up Because Of Religion

By prettyjossx3 BRONZE, Middletown, New York
prettyjossx3 BRONZE, Middletown, New York

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Gandhi

Love is boy and girl, girl and girl, boy and boy, which ever way you view love at that moment in time you think it will never ends. You never expect such a good thing to end, in your head u just keep thinking that you guys will live happily ever after, but do you? In the world of high school relationships just aren't what they used to be. Me and my ex-boyfriend were together for six months, we never thought we were going to split up but we did. Now it wasn't because of high school but something different, something that you would never think would split to people apart, RELIGON. He is penticotal and I'm catholic and in his church they are not allowed to date outside their religon. At first when we started to go out he didn't go to church and he kept on telling me how his life was getting messed up and stuff. As the months went on we argued more and more but we still loved each other. Then the day of our sixth month anniversery he told me that he wanted to go back to church. This crushed me cause I knew that if he went back to church we couldn't be together. Now to some it may sound stupid but his family is very religous. I was only his girlfriend who am I to judge and say no?? It wasn't my place to tell him that he couldn't go back to church. So like the good girlfriend I let him go, I didn't want to but I did anyways. Now I just cry in my room thinking about our good times, meanwhile he wants me to move on and get over him. Well that's easier said then done! Iwanted to tell my story sothat way if this ever happens to you that you don't cry anymore and that you'r not alone. Whats best for you is to just to try and forget the past and move on. But I can help to wonder if what I did was stupid....do u think so?

Celia Buell SILVER, Skokie, Illinois
I'm so sorry this happened to you. If he really loved you there were ways to make the relationship work out. I know you published this almost eight years ago but if you're still thinking about him, I'm willing to talk