The Quiet Truth | Teen Ink

The Quiet Truth

By PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

"When life hands you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." -Unknown
"The world is my pineapple. I just have to figure out a way past the prickly parts." -Me

Many think Quiet is stuck up. Many think that Quiet thinks it is too good to talk to them. That is not true. Quiet is just... quiet. Quiet doesn't like to talk. Quiet doesn't like to blab about itself, or what it's wearing, or who it hangs out with. Quiet has feelings, too. It doesn't criticize or call others names. Quiet likes to be silent, to watch and learn, and to fade into the background most times. It likes to be comfortable with people before it talks freely. Quiet does not like to be vulnerable, so it protects itself. Quiet is safe.

Never judge someone because they are quiet. They might be going through something that you can't even imagine. Or they might just not like to talk.

on Dec. 14 2010 at 8:53 pm
ossiecastro5 PLATINUM, A Single Light In, New Jersey

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

True to that. :)

on Dec. 13 2010 at 9:07 pm
PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Thanks! Here's to being different. :)

on Dec. 13 2010 at 6:15 pm

Wow, I can relate to this a lot. I am ver quiet in school. Kids think its weird because I act differently than them. They just don't understand.

Love this :)

on Jun. 16 2010 at 6:06 pm
PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Ha, ha, mommybear. Thanks, though.

Thanks to U 2, musebrat183! I love it when I get new comments! (By the way, do you have any suggestions about some good articles to read????)

mommybear said...
on Jun. 16 2010 at 5:46 pm
I love the way you descibed "Quiet" Im very glad to see that u feel at home at home, when y r not so Quiet! hehe

musebrat183 said...
on Jun. 16 2010 at 5:09 pm
musebrat183, Westfield, New Jersey

“I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.” -- Kurt Vonnegut

J'adore. The use of "it" to describe Quiet, the fact that it's in non-fiction. I relate well. Excellent.