WHY AIN'T EVERYONE EQUALLY FORTUNATE?

Its late evening and I’m sitting by the river side all alone. The sky looks incredibly beautiful, with the moon light and the sparkling and twinkling stars. It all looks so romantic, just when I closed my eyes looking right up. I recollected my entire day.
It was so different! It brought tears into my eye, I feel I’m so fortunate and lucky to be the way I am! And thank God for giving me everything to fulfill the necessaries.

Even now when I close my eyes, I see those children of the orphanage. Those people who are mentally retarded. There were children from the age of 2 years to grown ups of 44 years of age. Their eyes spoke what they couldn’t, all of their eyes longed for a smile, a touch and to be as fortunate as we are.
There were few cases like the parents left their children at the orphanage and never returned to take them back home ever again. Those kids were so different from all of us. Their appearance was different too. Few couldn’t even realize the need to walk up to the washroom and couldn’t really take care of themselves. But the orphan had teachers and helpers at the beck and call. The people there had a difficulty to even talk properly. It was a heart touching moment.
People there aren’t ill treated as we common man would do, rather they’ve got their own exemplary life to live.

Sitting here I just ask a question to God- if we are all your creations then why are there people with disabilities? Why ain’t everyone equally fortunate??

varun said...
one of the best ive read till now... not everybody is equally fortunate but we will neva knw the answer for tht....

@ngel replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 2:17 am
yea i agree..no clue abt the ans though..bt we cn surely do our bit :) n spread smiles n happiness