Everything is Nothing | Teen Ink

Everything is Nothing

By Stefania55 GOLD, Sebastopol, California
Stefania55 GOLD, Sebastopol, California

"Truth is everyone is gonna hurt you, you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for" - Bob Marley

I couldn’t stay and sit down and talk. I wouldn’t ask you because I just don’t want to. As the years go by, it all disappears, like it was never there. Would’ve fooled around with you but you just ignored it. Would’ve laughed but it just wasn’t funny anymore. I can’t want because you just don’t have what I want anymore. Guess it’s just a silly writing about you and how I lost you. That winter changed you, I knew that it was wrong but I couldn’t believe it. And it kills me every time, cause’ those green eyes don’t mean a thing any more. Their direction faded and I just don’t know where to go anymore. Summers long gone and I just don’t care. So go take what’s given, honey yeah, this is not what I planned. What time is it? Cause’ we sit and wonder what went wrong but I could care less with these tears in my eyes. I now realize that I’m in you shoes when you first started. You’re so far gone now. Everything could be everything, but everything is over. Everything could be everything if only we were younger. Guess it’s just a silly poem about you and how I lost you and your green eyes. Everything could be something, but you smile is not that smile anymore. So why are we smiling? So maybe when we go back to the bay, you’ll think it’s the beginning again, and maybe I could catch up to you. But we know that it’s just all done. So why am I writing this to you? So I’ll finish it before you try to start it. Everything is nothing and nothing is what you and your green eyes are now.