Three Pointed Shark Teeth | Teen Ink

Three Pointed Shark Teeth

By Samantha Burg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Samantha Burg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones I can feel. I am the only one who feels their pain. Three pointed shark teeth with brawny and harsh edges like mine. Three who belong but don’t. Three spread out across the ocean floor lost and confused. Creatures see them, but can’t help them. Trying to place them back in their correct spot but will never be connected again.
Their strength is their secret. On the outside they remain a solid surface but inside are decaying. They go about floating through the water, waiting to drift to the shore. Swim, swim, swim the shark will lose. Growing then losing, never winning.
Let one forget his reasoning, three drifting for miles and miles of alone in water. Drift, drift, drift in the unknown waters of lost souls.
When I am too weak and too ruined to keep floating, when I am a tiny thing against so many waves, then it is I look at specks of ocean. When there is nothing left to look at in this deep blue sea. Three who grew despite the force we broke down. Three who are strong and do not forget how strong they are. Three whose only reason is to be and be.