Last Summer

By , pittsburgh, PA
The outdoors is my favorite place, I can go there when I want and listen to the water drip and the bugs and birds chirping away. I was looking into the distance holding Sam’s hand. I saw the baby blue sky and the brown water that lay beneath m feet. I see the sun and its rays shinning down upon everything around me. Last summer I went to Moraine State Park with my boyfriend and his family. We went to this dock where we stayed most of the day. It was very sunny outside but the breeze was cold. We went kayaking for about two hours which made the cold breeze against my skin shiver. We pulled to shore on the opposite side of the lake and sat upon a hillside for a little while. The feeling of the warm sun made the breeze not feel so cold. We act some granola bars and crackers until it was time to go back to the dock. When we were pulling out we tipped the kayak over and into the water. The cold water dripping down my hair and down my back underneath my cloth and down to my socks was freezing. We were drenched. On the way back I felt weighed down and frozen. This made it so much harder to row the kayak along. It was quite the struggle but we made it. The water was so cold that day! Despite the lack of warmth that day it was one of the most memorable experiences I have shared with my boyfriend Sam. We both enjoy being out in nature and finding peace within ourselves.