You Can't Take It Back. | Teen Ink

You Can't Take It Back.

March 21, 2010
By sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
76 articles 4 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
we the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.


I always thought it would pass. That whole school year all I did was just wake up every morning praying that it wouldn't happen again that day. But i was always wrong. My name is Sydnee, and everyone knows the show Jimmy Newtron, right? well, that girl, Cindy Vortex, was the girl that was the smart and mean one. I'm not like that, but.....


Everyday it was the same thing over and over again for all of second grade. "Hey. Cindy Vortex!" "Yeah, thats your name, isn't it? CINDY!" NO. THAT WASN'T MY NAME. and no one understood why it hurt me so bad just to say my name wrong. but i am my own person and my name is Sydnee. not CINDY. But the irony of it all, it the boy that i fell in love with, he was the one that made fun of me the most. every recess i tried to hard to hide under the playground equipment so he wouldn't see me, and leave me alone. it never worked. My only refuge was my best friend, Madison. her words always made me feel better. " They're all jerk. Come play Spy School with me and Hugh, that'll make you feel better." Spy School was our little game we played.By Keegan W., Dallas, TX Hugh was the only guy who didn't make fun of me. Because he actually made the effort to get to know me before he went judging and making fun of someone. he was a good person. I never told him, the guy who made fun of me the most that is, that he hurt me the most. i forgave him, but i have never forgotten. he knows that i will always look at him with a little but of hate in my eyes. he regrets it. But, the point is, You Can't Take It Back.