Who Knows

Where will I end up in the next ten years? At a law firm? Coaching a lacrosse team? How much money will I make? Will it be enough to support a family? Will I have a family? How many kids will I have? Am I going to be healthy? Are my parents going to be healthy? Will I still have the same friends as I do now? Where will I be residing? Canada? USA? Which state would I be living in? Maryland? California? North Carolina? Will I have a state-of-the-art home or will I have a trailer park? Will there be a war? Will global warming be an issue? Will I have died of skin cancer by that time? Is poverty going to be larger than it is now? Will the world have run out of fresh water?
Maybe I won’t even make it to 2020 – 2012 will grab me first . . . right? Are my boys – fingers crossed – going to play lacrosse? Is lacrosse going to be a main-stream sport? Will I still remember: polysyndeton, polyptoton, and parallelism? Or how about: asyndeton, anaphora, and anastrophe? I wonder if I will remember the name for a sentence which is longer than seventy-five words; I think I will only because the word it’s self – labyrinthine is unique to the English language and derives from the Latin word Labyrinth meaning “an intricate combination of paths or passages in which it is difficult to find one's way to reach the exit” – which resembles a seventy-five word sentence because it takes ‘intricate’ paths and passages to find the exit? Right?
But who knows where I will be in the next ten years, do you know where you will be?