My Life & Decisions | Teen Ink

My Life & Decisions

LIfe is good in someways, but then in other ways it has its moments when it just makes you say WOW, what am I doing here. Being one of the only black people in my school sometimes isnt all its cracked up to be, but I try my best to make it work as much as much as I can for the sake of my moms happiness and to make a good role model for my little brother. Everyones telling me to take advantage for being the only african american person to shine and to be the leader of everything I do but really its not that easy to shine when your're are feelong uncomfortable. I know that saying here will help me be better and more successful person in life, but sometimes I just dont want to be. I just want to do me and make my own decisions. My whole life my mom always made all the choices for me, and I think it's time for me to start. I know going to a university is a great way to make it, but just because I dont take the college route that doesnt mean I can't make it. It just means I'm doing what is more difficult. School now with only two years left before I graduate and I just want to have fun and live life to the fullest. Living life to the fullest doesnt mean spending all my time with my mother, but everyday I always think about the things my mother did for me and that's why I always say I love her. Two more years and then I will have decisions of what I want to do with my life, but for now I'm living everyday like its my last.

I originally made this for a class in school but decided that it would be good for me to publish this because I know alot of people are going through the same thing I am or maybe even worse but in life you have to do things that you sometimes dont want to do in order for you to make it to be whatever you want to be and pursue whatever you want the hungry for.