Twinkle, Twinkle Everything is Alright

By , Bartonville, IL
I never went to mommy for help when I needed it; never to daddy to learn a new game. It was always grandpa's lap I would sit on and tell those school-day stories. Ever since I was a little girl, I had always gone to grandpa for everything. He used to sit me down and talk to me with that twinkle of happiness in his eyes. And every time, it suddenly made everything disappear and I was in a better place. One day, I thought I would outgrow this so called "stage" and know that it was just what he said and not the way he looked at me when he said it. I was wrong.

Grandpa and I have become very close and he has trained my eyes to be exactly like his in every way. Both covered with a piece of glass to see the big picture. Both having the answers and that same twinkle, like a star in the dead of night. And most importantly to look everyone in the eye. Friend or foe. It says a lot about your character and will always lead you on the right path.

To this day i still go sit on grandpa's lap when I am having a bad day and within a couple minutes those eyes tell me everything is going to be alright. I have always been able to look into his eyes and know exactly what he is trying to say. Something about them just always gives me the answer or the push I need to continue. In times of need or even in those awkward moments. I know he is always there for me as I am for him.

Authorgal98 said...
The writing is amazing, but the fact your so close with your grandpa is even better. Keep writing, and keep going to him for help, comfort, or even just a laugh.... ^.^