Stuck in the Middle | Teen Ink

Stuck in the Middle

By Fantasyincolor SILVER, My Dreams, Virginia
Fantasyincolor SILVER, My Dreams, Virginia

Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us!
~Lincoln

Stuck in the middle. Between faith and lost dreams. Hope is whispering in the deep frozen waters. Puddles of tears pool at my feet. Pain battles peace, in raging rush of brokenness. Stuck in the middle.

Stuck in the middle. My reckless fancies wrapped in uncertainness. Will the rose forever be wilted. Damaged flower trying to bloom. A wish to be know and to be known. But here I am still stuck in the middle.

Stuck in the middle. Melting gold, refined by fire. Yet fearing wounds that might go deep enough to break past the numb and frozen heartache. Past the surface, light is waning, at the core my heart is shaking slowly. And I'm still stuck in the middle.

Stuck in the middle, hope is crying out. Screaming love within a sea of doubt. Get past the fence and I'll be free. But ice is frosting out my guarded heart. Where has my sight gone, why can I not see? Deep water faith doesn’t last if you can't forgive… look past each throbbing memory, let yourself live… I will trade my dreams for his. I won't get caught in the middle.

Stuck between wrong and right. I know what do to do, I know what to choose, but it's still a hard choice to make...

Sparky630 SILVER, Middle Of Nowhere, Hawaii

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measures. It is our light, not darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous talented and fabulous? Actually who are you not to be?” Nelson Mandela

I LOVED this. Keep writing love!