Losing my Best Friend

As I sat by your bed watching you slowly fade away,I am so angry with everything and everyone.Your my best friend!It's not fair that you have to die of cancer.I don't understand why God has to take a good person like you away from me.

I stand by your casket as they lower you in the ground.While tears are streaming down my face,I rememeber back to the time we ran through your backyard playing tag.I remember the times we sat in our favorite restaurant talking about school or some guy I thought was cute.My heart breaks even worse knowing that we will never again share those moments together because our time together on earth has ended.

My heart is hurting,it shuts everyone out,afraid of getting close to anyone and losing them like I did you.Besides,it feels like a betrayal to you to try to have another friend and let them take your place.There could never be a friend as good as you.

A lot of time has passed.I still think of you everyday,but my heart has started to heal and let other people in.I have some new friends now.I use to think it a betrayal,as if another friend would take your place in my heart.But I have found out no one could ever take your place in my heart.They just have there own special place.

After you had passed away,I thought I would never let anyone back in my heart.But I realized you wouldn't want me to shut the rest of the world out.You would want me to have friends.

jclsjb said...
Great awesome write! I'm sure she's proud of it too.

jordan15 said...
I (LOVED) your story u did a AWESOME;) job!!!!!! sis!!!!!!! Keep it up')

jeremy0628 said...
this is totally awesome wat u have wrote about somethang that has touched your life im proud of you sis i never knew you could do this but its really awesome and keep on doin it GO SIS!!!!!!!!!! :)

19ash89 said...
I love it.I'm so proud of you sis.Keep up the good work.

love_laugh_dream_24 said...
That was great!! To lose someone you love takes forever for a heart to heal. Sometimes that empty spot in your heart will never go away.

CountryAngel17 replied...
Yeah it is really hard when you lose someone you love. Thanks for your comment!!!!