Lucas's story. | Teen Ink

Lucas's story.

Picture this for a moment, you mom dies when your nine years old and no one even told you how, your dad is in jail for child abuse, it feels like your all alone in the world, and you get to move a lot in your life. I started out in Wisconsin, then to Iowa, then to Conneticut, and then I ended up in Wyoming.
I'm 13, and I'm still not sure how my mother died. No one ever in formed me so I thought that she was mugged or murdered. Or even a drug overdose. But then it came to mind that she probably just died in her sleep or something like that.
I finally reconected with my friends and got new ones. But the sad part, all of them are girls. I'm the only guy in our little network and it feels even more alone.
My friend Thorn wishes that I would stop blaming everything on myself, but how else will I try to understand what the heck is going on?
On the other hand Raven is always telling me to do things the way I want them done, and not to listen to what my sister says.
Then there's Cassie, my loving girlfirend. I don't know how she can put up with me most of the time. She's fun to hang around with and tons of fun to goof around with.
But then I have to put up with her ex boyfriend that has to bite my head off every time I'm seen with her. He locks me in just about anywhere that has a lock. He also spreads a lot of rumors that I'm from some freaky circus and the people that took me from it are crazy murderers or something like that.
But some how I get by in school and I survive.

Authors note: This is my life in only a couple of words! xD

This is my friend Lucas's story. About his life and what he had to go through. So actually I'm just going to let him type it.