When I transferred Schools | Teen Ink

When I transferred Schools

By Jossssssy Tejeda BRONZE, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Jossssssy Tejeda BRONZE, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts

The value of true friendship is infinite and priceless. I believe that nothing can compare or ever replace the caring connection between two people who not only understand, but also want only the very best of all things in life for the other. When I was at the Irving I transferred to the Curley and I saw the friendship between me and my friend and others.

I was taking a nap and my mother woke me up because the food was done. I went to eat then came back to my room to listen to music and go on my computer. I heard my mom calling my name, so I went up to her and she told me that a lady from the BPS was on the phone and that it was to see if I still wanted to transferred so I had to make up my mind, Id get so nervous just thinking about walking in the Curley for the first time. I was 13 and in the 7th grade. I thought it was better to change because being at the Irving was going to get me nowhere because now that am at the Curley, and school work over here is way easier than the Irving; I just know I would had failed and what not. So then I choose the opportunity to the change to a school were hopefully I could have been better in. It was sad, thinking of what my friends would say. I told my friends through aim that the next day was going to be my last day. They didn’t want me to go.

The next day, I went to school. It was sad. And even sadder because its was my friends birthday. My friends were asking me why was I leaving. I told them that I was supposed to be there since 6th grade but there wasn’t any space for me yet, and I had asked some people I knew from the Curley if the schoolwork was easier than the Irving and they said yes; but it was sad. My tears came out. I never thought they would have reacted like that. I got all my stuff and put it in my bag. After school was over, I walked home with some of my friends. When I got home, lots of my friends called me. I didn’t think they were ever going to call me for a transfer. At night, I took a shower and picked what I was going to where at the new school. I couldn’t sleep so I started to listen to my Ipod in bed and before I knew it I was already sleeping.

Today was definitely going to be a long day, something was just telling me that. I felt so awkward. My friends kept sending me texts and aims. I got register or what ever then went to my new class. I never thought this day would come. Well, there were a lot of nice people in this school, the Curley; and the teachers were nice too. There wasn’t really anything I could possibly complain about. When I got home I told my friends and my mother all about it.

There wasn’t any lesson learned. Friendship doesn’t always come how you want it or when you want you want it. I still miss my friends. But I did see that friendship is important.