My Blog | Teen Ink

My Blog

By OlenkaOMg GOLD, Mooresville, North Carolina
OlenkaOMg GOLD, Mooresville, North Carolina

Be avant garde.

I have always wanted to have one, like Julia in Julie and Julia. I wanted to let my opinions out on the web like the Hilton dude and other writers out there. I needed time though and a way to do it.
At the start of eighth grade, school started to become less complicated. I was able to think straight and get things done quickly and what seems to be perfectly. The teachers also swung back and forth on homework and it got to a point, where with the study hall, there was no work to do at home.
Whoever, I spent my free time then playing more sports, watching tv and almost taking a daily trip to the gym. I continued to do this for the next year and a half.
On Christmas of last year, I got something I always wanted; a laptop. I couldn’t play with it right away; I had to get it set up, which is mainly downloading, downloading and more downloading. Three days later, my laptop was ready to be played with. I surfed the internet, googled my name and I then remembered my blog dreams. I then found blog.com. I picked out my background then I had to choose a title. At first , I was going to name it after myself, but I got to thinking, why talk about me and stuff; I should use this and make it useful. I titled it Model. It stands for Making ordinary darls expand life.
When I mean expand, I don’t mean years wise, I also mean view wise. I wanted people to know more, be more and do more with their lives. I’ll blog about events, people, activities but I will also give my opinion. If I don’t like it, I think no one really should like it either. Now, I am not going to say Cheese sucks! Just because I hate cheese. My opinions will be more realistic opinions and ones that affect almost everyone. For example, the boy who snuck bombs on a plan on Christmas Day and he failed his mission. I would say that the US is very lucky this wasn’t 9/11 the second, and that they really need to keep their promise of preventing these things from happening again. The boys father warned the FBI and they still didn’t stop him. This incident is a very big warning and we the people can’t afford another one, especially if it succeeds.
So from December thirty-first, I am planning to do one blog a day, but one my first day; I already did five. The hardest part is, deciding what to write about. There are so many stories out there, and are forever growing.

My blog is found at http://olenkagalaskamodel.blog.com

beachychick BRONZE, Grass Valley, California

Perfection is not doing everything perfectly all the time, perfection is being able to look in the mirror and say at you tried everything you could- you've given it your all, you've done everything you can to make yourself better. That is perfection

This is so cool. Really relatable and reminded me of what I felt like before I started blogging and when I did(: