Yes I am a Golfer | Teen Ink

Yes I am a Golfer

“Hey, nice putt Annika,” he said. “What? Are you talking to me?”I asked. “Yea, great putt Sorenstam.” Ross said on the 15th green at Nagawaukee. I right away made the connection. That little freshman came up with a name that would stick.
Annika Sorenstam is an accomplished golfer. She has the most career earnings on the LPGA and has won 10 majors throughout her 15 year career.
I play competitive golf as well, and have several Division 1 scholarship offers. I have three state team titles in a row on my resume and our team’s going for a fourth this yea9r.
When people call me Annika it doesn’t bother me anymore and I do laugh. However, I would rather be called ‘SorenWOODS,’ or maybe even ‘SorenMCILROY,’ but I mean, come on! She has 72 victories, so how bad is that name?
The more my golf game grows, the more it makes my name original. I plan to play at the best golfing school possible and develop my game there to go pro. Then my name will be known, and not known as Steve SorenSTAM.
So why not call me Steve SorenSON now, because I’ll be known by that eventually.