My Darkest Hour | Teen Ink

My Darkest Hour

November 1, 2009
By Anonymous

I’ve noticed something. I have been hurting people I care about. I don’t know what’s happening to me. I’m becoming a monster. I will eventually tear my world apart. And I don’t think there’s anything I can do. I’ve tried everything. Please help me, before it’s too late…

Help me see through this hateful barrier. Help me find my way. Show me the way out. Please hurry, time is running out…

I’m trapped alone in this world of hate. And no one is near me. I can’t see the light. The darkness is surrounding me. I’m being taken over. I need to fight back. I need to escape my darkest hour!!! But the minutes drag on…

I hurt my friend. The closest one I’ve ever had. She turns away and covers her head. She runs away and doesn’t look back. I watch her leave, and realize how hateful I’ve become. Now she’s gone, and there’s no one left to save me…

Now I’m stuck in these hateful walls. There is no escape. I need to find the way out. Before time runs out…

I’m trapped alone in this world of hate. And no one is near me. I can’t see the light. The darkness is surrounding me. I’m being taken over. I need to fight back. I need to escape my darkest hour!!! But the minutes drag on…

Now I see what has happened. I’ve figured it all out. I know the way but I’ve got to move fast. Time is running out…

I’ve been fighting for my life, and had no luck. Then I found its weakness. I stab its heart and the darkness goes away. I’ve found the way out…

I’ve overcome this world of hate. I made it to the light. The darkness fell at my feet, so I’m no longer trapped. I’ve fought back, and I’ve escaped my darkest hour. So let the minutes drag on. It won’t matter to me anymore. My life is back, and that’s all that matters. Let the minutes drag on…