Who would have known | Teen Ink

Who would have known

Thinking of how my boyfriend said that we should go to the next level. I’m sitting on my couch waiting for Jason to come pick me up. He told me that he loves me and how I’m the first girl that he ever loved like this. What does “this” mean is the question I ask all the time but I do love him very much. We have been going together for four years. Why shouldn’t we go to the next level, he proved that he is only going with me. I am snapped out of my thinking ground by the loud sound of a car horn. I take one more look in the mirror at my skinny jeans, Baby Phat shirt and white shoes. I then walk out this house as it is for the last of this life and close the door behind me.

“How are you doing? You look nervous but I hope you aren’t nervous about later because I want to tell you that you’re the only one I want to be with.” Then he kisses me on the cheek and drives away once I put on my seat belt. He has a pretty caramel complexion, with a dimple on the left side of his face. I think that is the reason that I feel in love with him also he has the charm like smile that drives me crazy.

We then walked into a silent house; it feels like the house is telling me something. The houses heart is beating like it has been running a marathon, or is it just me? Objects in the room are shaking or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me? Should I really just run out now, I think I still have a chance but I don’t want him to think I don’t love him. That’s when I feel cold hands wrap around me, now I know I can’t run now.

Right there and then I feel like I want to be really capricious and run for the door for dear life when he kisses me on my neck. That’s when he whispers in my ear “I want you to know that I love you, and I will be very careful with you.” Then at that moment we became one and I wanted to scream because of this new life I’m beginning.

I find myself in front of the house and Jason driving away with my innocence. It’s funny looking at my house now because it seems different now. A week went pass and I am not feeling well at all. My friend was telling me I should go with her to the Free Clinic to get tested to see if I was pregnant. She told me that it seems like I had all the symptoms of being pregnant but her face told other wise. I just said whatever, I’ll go and told her she needs to be checked out because one of those men probably had something too.

Now here I am waiting for my future to be told to me. The lady with the black hair walks in with a forced smile on her face.

“Ms. Johnson you are not pregnant but it seems to me that you have…HIV.” She then looks at me like she is the one that has it.

To me it feels that I was hit in the stomach with a brick and kicked. The rain then starts to pour hard and I thought this couldn’t be true. A guy like him would never cheat on me and just sleep around with whomever.

“We can give you some papers and you should come back tomorrow so that we could talk about some options.”

My whole life then flashes in front of me and all because I trusted a boy that said that he loved me. Now I walk up a road of hopes and dreams that I hope would not end soon. All the dreams of one day having kids were gone out the door the day I gave my virginity up to a guy that was the disease maker. I am walking down the long hallway and thinking to myself who would have known.