My Story | Teen Ink

My Story

How did I end up in this relationship? I was 16 about to turn 17 when this story took place. I felt that my heart was breaking when I was having trouble at home.
I wasn’t really having trouble, I was making trouble. I didn’t want to deal with any of it. I didn’t want to go to school. I just wanted to kick back all day and smoke, do nothing with my life. I even started skipping school.
I ended up running away for about 2-3 months. I was staying at my best friend’s house. We would just party and chill every day. I thought it was the life but I wasn’t ready.
My birthday finally came around and I felt sad. It was the first time I cried in a long time, I don’t even like crying. I can see myself crying like sprinkles in the rain and me saying to myself, “Why did I make this choice?” “Don’t cry, I know your mom misses you too. The only time you cry is when something really hurts you and that happens every blue moon, you’re strong, “My best friend would say.
I was with this guy at the time and he was becoming abusive, he would push me. One time I fell on this metal thing and I got a big scratch with a bruise feeling. Another time he head butted me. The worst time was when I was like I have to get out of this relationship but it’s kind of hard to explain on paper.
I was sitting in the car with my home girl and with the dude I was with. I felt the bumpy plastic of the steering wheel under my hands. I hear sighs as we look around waiting for silence to break; I hear the melody of the songs playing on the radio. The tasteless taste of car air in my mouth. All of a sudden he was choking me and I passed out.

It was on April 20 on 4/20 that’s how I remember the day. It didn’t really shock me that he did this. I was embarrassed and angry because he could really do this to me and I never let anybody just touch me they can talk shit but don’t touch me. I knew it was coming I was just waiting for the day. I ended up moving back home with my mom. I’m glad because I’m doing something better with my life. “I’m very proud of you, I see that you’re trying, “My mom would say.

When I do think about that day that I almost lost my life, I feel hope that I’m still here living, that I can accomplish anything I put y mind to.
I realized a while back that tough times do make you stronger even though tough times do happen you can still make it through. I used to think that people do stupid things but later regret it but now I think people are just stupid and they don’t have enough common sense you probably shouldn’t have did it in the first place.

Don't judge me this my story